This page covers any general information for the Fly-407ZG board.
It is currently available through AliExpress
The Fly-407ZG is supplied with 2 heatsinks. They should be installed as per the image below.
The jumpers should be installed as below. “Common Interpolation” should be used for standalone drivers. “SPI mode Interpolation” is not a currently supported configuration as this port does not support SPI communication to drivers. “UART mode Interpolation” should be used when using smart drivers (i.e. TMC2208, TMC2209, TMC2225 and TMC2226)
The board can handle an input voltage up to 32v.
The board that you will receive doesn’t have any firmware installed so when plugged into a computer, the board will show as an unidentified device. Follow the WiFi instructions or the SBC instructions for what to do next.
Some boards shipped are missing the bootloader.
If your board has the Mellow logo on the back and when you place a firmware.bin file on the SD card and it doesn;t get converted, then yours is one of these boards.
Follow the below steps to rectify this issue.
- Download and install the STM32 software from here.
- Add two jumpers to the fly board as shown below.
- Plug the board in by USB. It should show up in the device manager as shown below.
- Open the STM32 software and configure the connection settings as shown below.
Download the latest copy of the bootloader from here.
Open the bootloader in the software as shown below.
- Click the “Download” button as shown below.
- Once complete, disconnect the Fly-407ZG from the computer and remove the jumpers. It can now be used as normal.